This is a dish I came up with the other night, and was surprised how nicely it came out. Try it out, and enjoy!
- 3 LBS boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- One package of dried Shiitake mushrooms
- One medium (approximately 12 ounces) can of thin-sliced green beans, juice drained and discarded
- One small(approximately 5 ounces) can of finely-cubed water chestnuts, juice drained and discarded
- 3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP poultry seasoning
- 1 TBSP coriander powder
- 1 TBSP cinnamon powder
- 1 TSP white pepper powder
- 2 TBSP oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup water (optional)
- 1 TBSP corn starch (optional)
Soak the mushrooms in very hot water for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove. Using kitchen scissors, remove and discard the stems, and cut the caps into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
Coat a pot with the olive oil. Brown the chicken on high heat, stirring. Add the seasonings, stirring. When the chicken is nearly cooked, add the mushrooms, green beans, water chestnuts, and oyster sauce. Reduce heat to medium or medium-high. Cook until the chicken is done, stirring.
Depending on the meat and vegetables, you may need to add the optional 1/2 cup water to the mixture when adding the vegetables, in order to get everything to cook evenly and thoroughly.
If you want a thicker sauce, at the end, add 1 TBSP corn starch to 1/2 cup of cold water, stir until fully mixed, then stir the mixture into the pot. Let simmer for a minute or so, until the sauce thickens.
Serve over Jasmine rice, and enjoy!