- Shrimp, scallops, octopus, squid, and/or fish, boiled
- Purple onion, finely chopped
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Jalapeño or Serrano chiles, finely chopped (optional)
- Avocado, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- Heinz Zesty Cocktail Sauce (with extra horseradish)
- Clamato tomato cocktail with clam broth
- Garlic powder
If including octopus, squid, fish, or large scallops, chop into small (1/2-inch) pieces.
Combine one part Heinz Zesty Cocktail Sauce to about three parts Clamato juice. Mix thoroughly. Stir in some garlic powder, to taste. Add generous amounts of the seafood. Season with the veggies and stir until everything is evenly dispersed. Serve in a margarita-style cocktail glass. Top with some avocado.
Serving tip: If you omit the chopped chiles, the seafood, and the avocado when mixing the sauce, you can serve these separately. That way, each guest can have their cocktail as spicy or as mild as they like, and can only include the seafood they like. If someone has a shrimp allergy, they can put fish or scallops into their cocktail. If you do this, be sure to prepare and serve each type of seafood separately, so that they don’t contaminate one other, and be sure to let your guests know that the sauce contains clam broth.